Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hiking & biking

Hiking to Dead dog falls (Battle creek falls).  While Brian & Krista went biking at Lambert Park, everyone else hiked up Battle Creek Canyon to the falls.  This amazing hike is just 4 minutes from our house.  The falls are about 3/4 mile up the trail.

Andrea, Scott & Michelle on the trail up


The boys in a little cave along the trail.




Grandma & the boys at the waterfall.



Adam, Todd & Scott playing on a rock.



A close up of Adam on the rock



The whole group at the waterfall: Scott, Grandma, Todd, Michelle, Andrea, Adam



Michelle & the boys in front of a stream along the trail.



We don't have any pictures of any of our bike rides.  Michelle hasn't had the chance to get out, but I (Brian) went out with Darby, a friend from work, for a few minutes on Friday.  Then I did a LOT of biking with the kids on Saturday.  First, I was headed out to ride Saturday morning and Krista asked to go so we headed down to Lambert Park.   We had a ton of fun and Krista did an amazing job of learning to ride on rocks.

I had figured out a new place to park that required less driving and had a nice trail to Lambert Park.  On this new route there is a really cool 1/2 acre or so dirt bike park (it's an empty lot with lots of dirt hills).  I thought the boys would love it.  So while the girls went up to Salt Lake I took Adam, Scott & Todd there.  Todd & Scott were in seventh heaven.  Adam played in the dirt a bit but got bored quickly.  There were people on dirt bikes doing 12 foot high jumps with 360s and all kinds of cool stuff. The other boys had SO much fun that Adam stayed with a babysitter and we went back again.  Scott, Todd & I rode the access trail to Lambert Park and a little around the park and then went back to the dirt bike park.

I'm learning to ride clipless and having a tough time doing it with the scrapes on my knees to prove it.  I definitely am seeing why I will like them once I get them figured out.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Geez your kids are getting so big! Looks like you had so much fun!

SingledOut4 said...

I just found your blog, this is so exciting!! Your family is getting so big, and I've really enjoyed reading about your adventures!

Followers