Sunday, August 16, 2009

Timp Foothills - Provo Canyon Racetrack - Aug 11

Michelle & I went biking in Provo canyon. We started heading up Water Tower Road. At the water tower I turned around and watched Michelle biking up the dirt road and noticed something strange about her. After looking at her for a second I realized what it is and asked, "So were you going to wear a helmet today?" So we made a quick return to the car for her helmet and re-climbed that hill again.

We made our way up Water Tower Road and then dropped down onto the Race Track. After riding around on the track for a while I saw a skunk right on the path. It was waddling along the same direction we were going, so it was facing away from us. It stopped right in the path and raised it's tail. I yelled behind me to Michelle to stop and turn her bike around. I was hopeful that I was "out of range" for the spraying. The skunk and I sat there for about 15-20 seconds and then the skunk lowered it's tail and headed off the trail into the brush. We turned around and road back the other direction. I wish I would've had the presence of mind to get a picture! (Note the part on race track map that is NOT in dark red and you will see the section we avoided thanks to the skunk.)

After the racetrack we rode up Betty at bit and found Roller Coaster down. We really liked the Roller Coaster trail a lot, although we found the last part connecting back with Water Tower road to be quite steep - but we both rode it!

Brian overlooking Orem and Provo on Roller Coaster just before it heads down.


Michelle at the top of Roller Coaster looking toward Timp - you can see the start of Baldy on the Right.

No comments:

Followers